A roof replacement is a significant investment for any homeowner and understanding your roof warranty and what it covers should be a top priority to ensure your roof’s long term performance.
In today’s post, your trusted residential roofing contractor Fortenberry Roofing Co. explains what you should look out for in a roofing warranty.
- Coverage. Your contractor may offer you several options when it comes to your warranty. It is important to understand what type of warranty you have and what it covers before purchasing a new roof or shopping around for a new home with an existing warranty.
- Reputability. Dealing with a reputable residential roofing company and manufacturer is essential as the warranty you will receive is most probably comprehensive and reliable. Working with a dependable and established company ensures that you are protected should anything go wrong with your roof.
- Lifetime. “Lifetime warranty” is a tricky term when it comes to roofing warranties as it may vary from company to company and could depend on things like the climate in your area and type of roofing materials to be used. Make sure to talk this over with your contractor so you can select the most suitable type of coverage for your roof.
- Transferability. It is important to know if your warranty is transferable should you decide to sell your home later down the line. Having a transferable warranty is more attractive to home buyers and can greatly increase your chances of selling your home.
- Requirements. Most warranties will include fine print that enumerates certain requirements that need to be met in order to keep the warranty in force. Make sure you go over this well to avoid headaches when the time comes for you to make a claim.
Looking to get a roof replacement job done? Fortenberrry Roofing Co. is one of the leading roofing contractors in Littlefield and Hereford, TX. Give us a call at (806) 385-6761 or fill out our contact form to learn more about our roofing services and the types of warranties that we offer.